Thursday, April 27, 2006

smug

So there are these images that we have been chasing for a feature for some time now and I finally got a reply from the people- in very broken English. They asked if I could speak German or Spanish so, in the belief that my rusty German would be better than their rusty English, I dusted off the old Deutsche grey cells and set to work. It was a bit of a brain teaser at times and I would find myself muttering the German under my breath but typing the words in English, but I got there in the end. And then I found a free translating thing online- oh so übercool. In fact I was quite blown away by it. You can select a range of languages and just type in your sentence, click the button and poof- instant German. So I typed in English versions of my German sentences and I was about 90% right on average. Not too shabby. So right now I'm basking in the warm glow of my German being better than I thought and also being cunning enough to find a lazy way out if it fails me. If I were a cat, I'd be purring.

No comments: