Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Starbucks may be Satan but I'd sell my soul for a mocha frappuccino

Well maybe selling my soul is going a bit far although on a hot summer's day, I might do it for a mango frescato from Costa. Frappuccino, frescato, tomato, tomato- they're all really just different types of glorified slushies. Be it mocha shots, mango syrup or whatever you like blended up with a whole bunch of ice- it should be watery and nasty but it's not. It's yummy.

Back home, I only ever went to Starbucks once and that was when I was taken there by family friends and you can't exactly say, "No sorry, if I had a religion, Starbucks would be against it." when a nice couple is giving you a ride up to Chch and buying you lunch and they just want to stop for a coffee. And if I stopped to think about it, I have no reason to dislike Starbucks apart from the fact that they took over the Penrose building and are a huge international franchise in a city where I wholeheartedly support the small independently run cafes. But over here everything is a franchise. Cafe Nero, Costa, Starbucks, there are no nice small cafes here. But over my dead body will I succumb to the call of the frappuccino when I'm back in Dunedin. No I say, this girl has standards. (Well at least as long as anyone's looking...)

P.S. ONLY 3 SLEEPS TILL I LEAVE FOR HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.S. Check me out getting all funky with the font colour.

No comments: