Saturday, October 04, 2008

Canterbury- UK stylz

Last weekend I went to Canterbury with my friend and her parents. Despite the pouring rain and occasionally very gusty winds, it was very picturesque.

These bits of graffiti on a local monument just made me laugh. People choose some weird things to scrawl on buildings.


Nightclub?!?!
I'm not sure if I want to know what this sign means...


This picture is almost a family in-joke but I had to put it on. it's a tribute to my sis.

I like the way this dude looks like he's curiously peering out of his alcove.
Ok, is it just me or does this totally look like Wesley in his man-in-black phase from TPB?


Not surprisingly, I have an issue with religion and and the glorification of martyrdom but I'm not going in to it here. (Because it's Friday and because I can't be bothered.)

I think this is where people get baptised/christened? I have two main issues with this structure, the main one being that it isn't centered properly. Is it wrong to find this annoying? If it were my church and I had to look at it on a regular basis. It's not centered AND it's not straight. It'd do my head in.
This is my other problem with the structure. How terrified would you be having this hanging over your head. All I can think of is 'sandwich'...
One of the best aspects of the town were the awesome shop signs.



No comments: