Wednesday, September 24, 2008

stress doodling

It seems that I have swapped stress baking for stress doodling. Around late June, I decided that I needed to start doodling- something creative to get my mind working and my hands used to doing something again without the stress of drawing 'real' stuff. There's no real stress in making patterns but there is a challenge in making them look cool. So I started doodling a little bit in a book/notepad I'd been given as a promo thing from a picture library but I wasn't really doing that much. And then suddenly, it seems to have just taken off. I hadn't even really realised it was 'stress doodling'- I just do it in front of the TV (till very very late...) but the other night, as I sat down with pen and paper, Sean looked at me and said, "Aynia, are you stress doodling?" I looked down at my pad, said "No?", looked up at him, looked down at my pad, which was full of a pretty darn intricate and OCDesque pattern and said, "Oh no. Yes?" I've heard there are studies about how you can do psych analysis-typed stuff on what people doodle and I can well believe it. My doodles vary depending on my mood, both in nature (colour or black&white) and also content (whether they're more picturey or more pattern-based with lots of intricate and repetitive details). Here are some samples-

Some I think are quite crap:

Some are just plain weird:

And others I'm quite happy with:

No comments: