Saturday, September 06, 2008

Eeeek, it's been a week

Once again I've been collecting links and hadn't noticed a whole week slipping by. It hasn't been the best week really. Not that anything's gone disastrously (or even moderately) wrong but ever since my tendinitis came back, I've been feeling slightly off form. I don't know if I've been fighting off a cold or what but I've been lacking in energy and motivation for a while now. Then on Wed night I had my Thai massage (I'm a case study for a girl at work who is doing a course) and tree-hugging as it may sound, I think it really cleared out my energy lines because going home from it, I felt much more tension-free and yesterday I went to the gym at lunchtime for the first time this week (and usually I'm an every lunchtime girl) and came away feeling heaps better.

Despite this, I still tried to cancel climbing as I was sure Friday was going to be a sick day and I was intending to scoff copious amounts of popcorn and watch Pride and Prejudice* one more time before I finally ship it away to Oz but my climbing buddy Steve guilted me in to going and thank God because it was one of the best nights I've had in ages. I pushed myself really hard, the shoulder felt almost back to old form and the boys were, as usual, hilarious. I came away with that buzzing feeling of endorphins combined with feeling physically shattered that I thrive on but haven't had in ages. I sincerely hope I can find a similar bunch of nuts to climb with in Brissie. I mean these guys are Australian so clearly their type exists, I just have to hope they haven't all buggered off overseas.

But as for those links I've been filing away:

I'm not the only bigsmall fiend out there!


You all need to check out these amazing doodles. I can't put in a pic as it's a flash page but they're colourful and fun.

I have a fascination with the miniature. I don't know exactly why but I think it's amazing when people make small things, I love macro photography (which is making the small look huge), maybe it the attention to detail.


Crazy metal sculptures


I know this may walk the fine line of garden kitsch for some people but I have a deep love for fantasy and if nothing else, there sculptures are amazing works of art and imagination.


And this one just appealed to my quirky sense of humour.


Another cool add, another cool doodle.



*the BBC mini-series version. There is only one Mr. Darcy and that is Colin Firth. Don't get me started.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just love the bronze castle, which is huge! But have you seen the price? £22k. EEEK!