Friday, January 27, 2006

moral dilemmas of a comic sans hater




I am gradually coming to believe that my hatred of comic sans may in fact be something of a disorder. There's a lovely vegetarian organic cafe around the corner from work which does super-healthy and yummy falafel pitas which I love having for lunch but I nearly had to force myself to go inside because their sign is in comic sans. When I realised that I was actually tossing up the idea of boycotting shops whose signs use That Font, I decided I might have a problem.

Hello my name is Aynia and I hate comic sans to an almost obsessive degree. I have hated comic sans for 6 years now. I admit that I may need help.

Not because I think I'm wrong to hate it. HELL NO. It is Satan's font. I just think I need to chill about the whole thing a bit.

I was perusing movie trailers on Apple.com and came across this preview. This looks to be an amazing and heart-rending story and you know what my first thought was? "Yerck, comic sans!" Thought two was, "Fuck what an awesome person." I never had the patience to do animation even though I absolutely love it. "Ami Ankilewitz was diagnosed with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) -yet at 34 years of age - he continues to outlive a doctorÂ’s prediction of life expectancy by 28 years. And counting." And me? My overwhelming thought is, could I sit through a movie with subtitles in comic sans? I am seriously going to Hell. And we know what's gonna be waiting for me.....

No comments: