Thursday, May 21, 2009

I am Aynia's unventable spleen

It's a paradox. I have this blog which is a public forum and when something goes wrong, I like the idea that I can vent my spleen into the publicity of cyberspace and someone reads my rant and commiserates or laughs and even if they never comment to let me know, I still know that surely someone out there must have felt that way too. But this is a public forum and as such, one can't really properly vent one's spleen about certain things. Like certain clients one might have. I use two things to gauge my rants- (1) would I say it to their face (2) will it damage my business if this opinion is made public? If I wouldn't say it to their face, I sure as hell shouldn't write it behind their back and ship it off into cyberspace. I may have several hypocritical niggles in my persona but that facet ain't one of them. I guess it's because if someone's pissed off at me, I'd like to think they have the balls to say it to my face instead of mouthing off behind my back. As for (2), well that's just common sense.

But on to happier things, these Passionfruit Melting Moments are next on my baking hitlist. Mmmmmmmmmmm, passionfruit.

2 comments:

pschlup said...

That's where personal e-mails come in. My e-mail address is pschlup@hotmail.com, and I have very reasonable rates.

Audax said...

Yes very wise words and I you have found out how Aussies will shorten any word with -o- or a -azza- I get Aud a lot (my full name is Audax) or even Auda or Auazza. Yes the language useage can seem vey vuglar at first but it is a very direct use of the words I find. Yes melting moments are delish and passionfruit is a wonder downunder.